Thursday, July 3, 2008

"I have a blob with a heartbeat"


Cory came with me again for this ultrasound (he was to be delivering a training session, but the two he had were no-shows) as I was very anxious about whether we would see anything or not. The ultrasound lady was much more thorough and was able to see that the cervix was long and closed and that there was a tiny little blob measuring 0.69cm with a little fluttering heartbeat. When I held my breath we were able to hear the heartbeat and it was recorded as being 114 bpm which is great given that they like it to be over 100 bpm at this age. We were right on the money with due dates as the scan showed 23rd Feb +/- 5 days and we think 22nd Feb.

4 comments:

  1. Wow that's so amazing :) I'm so happy for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Naomi and Cory!!!

    Congratulations!!!!!

    I just thought your blog would be about your trip to Thailand. Luckily I read it or I wouldn't know your news!!

    Are you going to announce it on BC, or wait until people read your blog?

    Congratulations again. So happy and thrilled for you:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "A-whoosha-woosha-whikka-whoosa-woosha..."

    Gotta love hearing the heartbeat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always loved that sound too. Very reassuring, I could never get tired of hearing it.

    ReplyDelete