Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Meeting Nicola

Today was my first appointment with our new OB, Nicola Bryan-Yuen. I hadn't met her before but we had been recommended by a doula who was worked with her before. We were certainly not disappointed. She has a wonderful philosophy and manner and is completely supportive of us and our birth plan.

She took my history and then we went in for a scan. I was pretty worried given the bleeding that I had earlier but as soon as she put the ultrasound on my belly we saw our little blob with a good heartbeat. It was wriggling and swimming around so everything looks great. It was measuring 9weeks 2 days which is spot on for the dates that we predicted.

So all in all it was a very good morning. We celebrated with some fresh icecream from one of those gourmet places, before I headed in to work (and Cory, back to the doctor's again, with this persistent virus he's had).

No comments:

Post a Comment