Monday, August 4, 2008

Deprogramming birth

A great article. We think sorta similar, excepting HypnoBirthing did work for us...

...I sensed that birth didn't have to be this traumatic, and took myself on a journey to discover how to deprogram my Western ideas of birth...

...I felt so relaxed that I figured it was just prelabour. At around 7am I started to feel disorientated and asked my mum to take my toddler out for breakfast, contractions were suddenly coming two minutes apart so I called my midwife.

I got in the bath and felt instant relief. There was now a definite desire to be vocal and I let out a loud but comical, sing-song "AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH" with each contraction. My husband and I joked that our son would enjoy imitating the noise.

It was about thirty minutes after I called the midwife. She hadn't arrived and my husband was in the kitchen making a cup of tea. I remember looking out the window at the sky during a powerfully intense contraction, feeling utterly euphoric. There was a mild stinging and I put my hand down wondering if I would feel the baby crowning - instead, to my amazement, I found his entire head had emerged...

Read the whole thing at essentialbaby.com.au


No comments:

Post a Comment