Friday, August 22, 2008

2nd visit to the OB

We just had a quick visit to Nicola, the obstetrician today to confirm that last weeks scan and blood test results were all good. My ferritin (stored iron) has gone from 18 to 48 and my haemoglobin has gone from 11.7 to 12.6 which is great. She was really happy with the measurements and the risk factor that came out of the tests so there is no need for any additional ones.

Genevieve came with us and was pretty good after having a tanty about wanting to sit on Daddy's chair but once she got past that it was all ok. She helped the OB take my blood pressure and got involved so that was cute.

She tried to find a heartbeat but said that it could be too early at 13 weeks to find it with the doppler thingy, which it was so we didn't get to hear the wisha wisha sound.

So quite an uninteresting visit but all good. I got my referral to book my 19 week scan and go back to the OB in 4 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment